Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stillness

One of the greatest gifts shown to me, is the quality of stillness. A virtue that I never considered or engaged in. Someone I care a great deal about, unconsciously set an example of this one day, a moment that continues to stir something in me. I am very thankful for the lesson. There is great wisdom in the act of stillness. In quiet. In clearing the mind and accepting your part in moment around you. What becomes of this is up to you. In me, I find I suddenly am comfortable with the place I find myself, emotionally, physically. I am exactly where I need to be. When I do begin to consider anything, it's usually a question of "What am I?" or "How is it that I am here?". With the answer leaving like a dream that you can't hold on to, an expression comes over me, "I am so lucky to be here experiencing life," and "There's no time to waste!". But there is time to be still, that time is not wasted at all, in fact it holds some of the most potent beauty and contentment that I know of.

No comments: