Friday, May 2, 2008

I used to play video games

I did. I used to play them all the time. I loved moving through the plots or mastering some skill and discovering the next level. Hell, I grew up on them. Then one day *poof* I just didn't want to play them anymore. I guess I was about 24 or 25 when that happened. I looked at my life and decided I was putting all this time into something that left me unfullfilled and I could really benefit from using that time in some other way. In some ways I sort miss that shallow determination to conquer combined with a nice waste of time just having fun and forgetting that life is so serious for a few hours. Nowadays I get sort of pissed off when I hear people talking nonstop around the office about the latest edition whatever the latest craze is. I find my joy in other activities and I do realize that everyone has there own way of having fun so I try not to let that overspilling of enthusiasm bother me to any large degree. I guess I'm just human in reacting the way I currently do. I grow past the games and find a different way to be, then I am in turn a bit annoyed at those who are in that place that I was so long ago. Maybe I should just play some video games and have some fun. Lighten up already. I gave them up because of how they quickly become an obsession, an addiction that's difficult to break. I like to take things to the Nth degree, it's my nature and even these games were no exception. I have to be careful with what I get involved with because it will consume my life. I hope that I can continue to use my nature for bringing about good things, less selfish things. And I must learn balance, so that I might have some good old fun too. We're all a work in progress.

No comments: