Monday, May 12, 2008

I must be getting thick skinned

Again I suffer ill treatment and disappointment at the hands of others, but I feel nothing. I'm not angry or terribly upset. At best, I'm a bit confused over the actions of some people. Neither am I overly joyous or happy, just blank today and in need of a miracle to snap me out of it. I ran far this weekend and did it with no trouble, in fact, I ran further and faster than I ever have. Maybe that helped me level out my emotions. Single life is so much of a roller coaster, it's intensity must be dealt with in a firm manner. I must be getting better at letting the water roll off my back, because I am surprised at my lack of sadness over watching another romantic opportunity turn bazaar, complex and, for the moment, completely fruitless. Still, it was good to be in the company of new people and I recognize the value in it. Another continues to show me complete disregard while endlessly stroking her own ego and pining for acknowledgement of superficial achievements. I smile and nod a bit begrudgingly, but ultimately I am looking forward to being free from that situation in the near future. Maybe I'm just comfortable with my own actions and I feel justified in my well contained reaction to both situations. Vindication is a selfless and silent pride. At least I know where I stand and I know that I am being an upright, mature and caring person.

No comments: