Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't I know it

I must say, I'm feeling pretty positive today in general. It's nice to know where I am, what I'm working on and where I'd like to go. It might be due to the fact that I see a few of my friends suddenly in a place where they have to start over. Some are moving, some are finishing school, some are starting new jobs, some are just coming to terms with some twist in their life. One season is done and another begins. It's like I'm sure I can relate and it makes me feel less alone in the big "reset". I wish them all well and hope they fly high in there new lives, but there is a coming struggle for them, albeit necessary. I feel like I am a day ahead of that change and it reassures me to know that I am truly moving forward and looking forward to the future, but I also have a sense of empathy that makes me want to offer comfort to anyone that begins to feel the loss of belonging. In any case, summer is pretty much here, so it's time to enjoy this weather and let the troubles roll by.

No comments: