Monday, June 23, 2008

Heaven and Hell

There are countless Heavens and Hells in countless religions. There's my thought. There's reality. There's that which we believe, that which we can prove and that which we refuse & reject. Where would I stay forever in perfect harmony? In her arms and lost in her eyes? On a stage in perfect song? As a child, safe and sheltered? In the desert, high on survival? On top of a mountain, silent for all time? Have I not dragged anchor on Hell's lake of fire? Have I not gone numb? Did the flesh not tear away and leave only ash and bone? Did the cold, dark hand of death not open the door and invite me in? What do I know of these places, or feelings? Of change, decline and growth? What do you know? When we are stripped of our heaven and set back to our hell, we must start the long walk back. No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead. All I know is that I need to keep walking or rather, that I will keep walking through all the time given to me. Back to heaven for all time.

No comments: