Monday, November 10, 2008

11:11 Eleven Eleven 11/11 Read Me

Yeah, I see it too. Almost every day. I have been for years. You're not alone. You wonder what's up. You look for answers on the Internet and find a few folks telling you all the secrets of the universe. You're skeptical and rational. It's probably just a deep neural track that's been firing every time elevens end up in your peripheral vision. A track that is dug deeper and deeper while you search for answers and attach more intrigue to your search for reason. But no! How odd, look at that, another chance encounter and another. Price tags and licence plates, phone numbers and addresses. Look how greedy your eyes are for it. 11:11. They stand out like bold face print for some reason. It's their shape, something about the shape. Perfect symmetry. The same thing we humans look for subconsciously in a mate. It rises out of the crowd of information as we swamp our minds in the new age of digital media. These other shapes and letters and words don't appeal quite the same. 11:11. It's beautiful in that sense. Calming. Are you a light bearer? What the heck? I'm a designer and a musician. I like Red Bull and distance running. Stupid movies and beer. I like this here planet earth and I wouldn't mind staying grounded on it. I see it more often when my emotions run high, when I'm not at my sharpest. When I'm searching for answers. It reminds me to love, to be thankful because I decided that's what I will think of when I see it. I could choose to have it remind me to check my bank account if I wanted. But there I am at a random concert and the band is named Eleven Eleven. There I went finishing up an album last year and released it on 11/11...without realizing it...ha. Over and over, I know. Why not use that as a moment of positive reflection? So are there angels in the outfield? Truthfully, I say we don't know, but there are worse things to believe in. Is it pointless, is it empty and meaningless? Sure, if that's how you want to live. You get to choose. I'm coming to terms with the idea of this life being a little bit of magic and little bit of oil changes. A few angels and a few ex-girlfriends. Maybe that's not so bad. I'm just glad to be here and I hope you are too. Hey, let's turn it into a drinking game, here's a shot on me 11:11 :)

No comments: