Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lies are the worst

Dishonesty is beyond my reasoning. I really don't get it. There was a time when I would tell lies to get what I thought I needed out of life. I would cheat the system, I would stack the odds and all the time what I was really doing was setting up a big fall for myself. It's one of those sure things in life. Lies lead to a downfall. They catch up with you. The truth always comes to the surface...always. Feel free to test that theory. So maybe I do get it, why people lie, they just haven't learned the hard lesson of how you end up hurting yourself and others through allowing something less than true to surround you. It's not necessary I say. Living honestly lets me always have a clear conscience, even if sometimes I have to tell people things I would rather not. The truth is beautiful in that way, honesty outshines the bitterness of some cold truths. It's truly the nature in which you behave that defines us, not what you do but how you do it, not what you've done but how you did it, not where you go but why you're there and not where you've been but why you went. Motivation is the heart of all matters and the soul's intent is always being stamped on everything you touch whether you expose it or not. The hidden agendas eventually make themselves known, the lies tell on themselves and you must choose to be their champion or to face the truth from the get go. Maybe I'm just tired of wasting time. I'd rather be up front about everything then have to wait for the truth to come out. The nice thing about living this way is that it really makes you think about how all things will effect others since we will always be owning up to our actions. I have no trouble with making up lies anymore, but I do have a new problem. It's hard to understand why anyone lies. Don't lie, live in love and honesty. It will be okay. In fact, it will be better.

No comments: