Monday, June 1, 2009

Diamonds on the soles of our shoes


I write out this mess, I share myself because life is hard too bear alone, or couped up, anyway. I've got this walkin' blues that I've got to shed, got people and the past to love, honor and respect, to leave behind and a new road to pick up. I've got good people in my life, good friends and good times. My son and I have the best times, just doing whatever. I sometimes feel like I've got this massive, over sized, dirty old bag full of pain that I've grown strong enough to carry most days, other days it's like it's not even there, I run with smiles, still other days have me crushed and unable to move due to it. When I'm under it, I start writing, or singing, playing guitar or something that helps me deal with the pressure. Positive music brings me back up. I can do it. I can let go of that pain. The real test is not how much we can bear, but how much we can let go of. How much we can forgive, how much we can love, how we can forgive ourselves and let the light shine on our lives.

PAUL SIMON - DIAMONDS ON THE SOLES OF HER SHOES

No comments: